|課程名稱：(中文) 行動通訊 (英文) Mobile Communications||
本課程為進入行動通訊領域的基礎課程.行動通訊已經成為現在通訊產業與服務業的主流.未來將朝向高傳輸速度與高系統容量的第五代行動通訊系統發展,延伸之應用範圍亦將包含物聯網和車聯網.本課程的教學目標在培養學生對於行動通訊原理的認識與系統模擬觀念之建立.課程內容強調基本理論與實際應用之關聯性,期使同學對各世代類型(1G-4G)行動通訊系統有基本的了解,並可進一步具備研發第五代(5G)行動通訊系統的能力.我們將逐一介紹各世代行動通訊系統之主要技術,讓修畢此課程的同學有足夠的知識和能力進入未來的職場 (either service provider-行動服務業者 or equipment manufacturer -手機晶片業者), 從事與行動通訊系統相關的研發工作.
Different mobile radio communication systems have been developed and put into daily use in the last 30 years. From both communication equipment manufacture and communication service provider points of view, mobile radio communications have already become the main stream of current-day business and industry. The major goal of this course is to teach students about the basic principles behind the operation and design of a mobile radio communication system, and provide students with the ability to analyze and simulate a mobile radio communication system.The course starts with an introduction to mobile radio propagation channel, including both the large scale and the small scale channel models. After presenting the physical limitation of a mobile radio channel, we will cover the concept of cellular architecture and the system capacity. Afterwards, we will discuss various communication techniques which are used to construct the different generations of mobile radio communication systems, from the 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G systems to the coming 5G system.
Along the line of presenting these mobile radio communication systems, we will cover various techniques, such as modulation methods, synchronization methods, data detection methods, speech processing methods, ARQ methods, adaptive modulation and coding, radio transceiver architectures, various anti-multipath techniques (including using MIMO antennas and massive antennas in millimeter wave band), multiple access methods, cell search methods, handoff methods, interference reduction methods, power control methods, and using massive antennas and heterogeneous networks to enhance the mobile radio system performance.
1. T. S. Rappaport, Wireless Communications, Principles and Practice, IEEE/Prentice Hall, 2002.
2. A. F. Molisch, Wireless Communications, IEEE/Wiley, 2011.
3. Andrea Goldsmith, Wireless Communications, Cambridge, 2005.
4. D.P. Agrawal and Q.A. Zeng, Introduction to Wireless and Mobile Systems, Cengage, 2011.
5. K.D. Wong, Fundamentals of Wireless Communication Engineering Technologies, Wiley, 2012.
6. Asha Mehrotra, GSM System Engineering, Artech House, 1997.
7. Erik Dahlman, et. al,, 3G Evolution, HSPA and LTE for Mobile Broadband, Academic Press, 2007.
8. Erik Dahlman, et. al., 4G LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband, Academic Press, 2011.
9. Yong Soo Cho, et. al., MIMO-OFDM Wireless Communications with MATLAB, Wiley, 2010.
10. Rappaport, et. al., Millimeter Wave Wireless Communications, Prentice Hall, 2015.
|Introduction to Mobile Radio Communications|
|Mobile Radio Propagation: Large Scale Path Loss|
|Mobile Radio Propagation: Small Scale Fading and Multipath|
|Cellular Architectures and System Capacity|
|Mobile Radio Transmission Techniques
(Radio Transceiver Architectures, Anti-Multipath Techniques)
|The First-Generation Systems
(FDMA Systems – AMPS)
|The Second-Generation Systems
(TDMA Systems – GSM)
|The Third-Generation Systems
(CDMA Systems – IS 95, WCDMA)
|The Fourth-Generation Systems
(OFDMA/SC-FDMA Systems – LTE, LTE-A)
|The Fifth-Generation Systems
(ongoing R&D efforts for 5G systems in the millimeter wave band)